September 21, 2021
£105.00 for the full progrgamme
09:00 - 10:30
Hosted virtually by SCIS
61 Dublin Street
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised by email 5 working days prior to the event.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
It is widely acknowledged that the pandemic witnessed a significant increase in online activity for children and young people. In this context we are delighted to have secured the services of Jess McBeath to scope and facilitate an online safety professional learning programme to support colleagues in a range of roles. This programme is suitable for all practitioners with an interest in digital citizenship, but in particular Heads of Citizenship/PSHE and Guidance/Pastoral Care teams are warmly invited to attend.
- Session 2 – Educating the Digital Citizen: How offline vulnerability affects online risk. Tips for effective online safety education. Scenario relating to bullying, relationships, inappropriate content and digital footprint.
- Session 3 – Leading the Change: A whole school approach to online safety and engaging digital parents. Scenario relating to professional reputation. Will also include fake news and cyber security.
Format and materials:
- Delivery on Zoom account, using Mentimeter (interactive quiz software) and breakout rooms.
- Each session is 1.5 hours
- Delegates will receive a copy of the presentation afterwards along with a resource pack of useful link
NB participants registering for the first session will automatically be registered for sessions 2 and 3.
***Joining instruction will be sent out 24 hours in advance***