September 7, 2021
£220.00 £55 per module (4 modules)
09:00 - 10:30
Hosted Virtually by SCIS
61 Dublin Street
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential events cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Heads/Bursars/Heads of HR
Recruitment and Selection Programme - Train the Trainer
In this series of 4 modules we will give you a clear understanding of recruitment processes and techniques and provide you with practical resources to support your hiring campaigns. You will obtain insight of current Equality, Diversity and Inclusion topics which will be the focused theme throughout this event, and receive knowledge on good practice to enable you to progress your schools’ consistent approach in Recruitment & Selection matching expectations of candidates and stakeholders.
The modules are aligned to the ‘Good Practice Guide: Recruitment & Selection’ produced in partnership with SCIS and representatives from independent schools.
Each 1½hr module is designed to provide a sustained online learning programme which includes breakouts to consider scenarios alongside colleagues from the sector.
MODULE 1 - WHY AND HOW TO RECRUIT
- Define the Goal
- Plan and prepare associated documents - Internal approval/business case - Job and Person specifications
- Sourcing from a wide and diverse candidate pool
- Advertising – directly, with third parties and exploring social media and digital marketing opportunities
- Job Impact Assessment
- Job description and Person specification templates
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- How to determine the recruit need, consider associated risks and understand the need to identify and engage the internal stakeholders at the outset.
- Awareness of online resources to reach a wide and diverse candidate pool reducing your external advertising costs. Insight into supplier management techniques when considering recruitment agencies. Prepare compliant document and data associated with the process.
MODULE 2 - USING SELECTION METHODS - Monday, 13 September
MODULE 3 - HOW TO INTERVIEW FOR SAFETY AND SUCCESS - Wednesday, 22 September
MODULE 4 – MAKING THE OFFER AND PREPARING TO INDUCT - Tuesday, 28 September
Please note that these Train the Trainer sessions will be limited to a maximum of 12 participants and delivered remotely via our Zoom for Education platform (with breakout room functionality) to facilitate sector-wide collaboration and dialogue which is a key feature of the professional learning.
Colleagues registering for the initial Module will automatically be registered on the following three.