Each year SCIS collects information about SQA exam performance from our member schools.
Detailed figures for Scotland in International Baccalaureate, A Level and GCSE results are not currently available although individual results for each participating school are available. Each year the Independent Schools Council (ISC) releases A Level and International Baccalaureate results and Scottish independent schools are included in the data produced.
2019 Exam Results
- 95.3% of candidates in S5 achieved A-C passes at Higher of which 64.4% gained A grades
- The number of S4 pupils achieving A-C pass rates in the National 5 exam reached 95.6% of entries
- 16% of all Advanced Higher entries came from a SCIS school
SCIS does not produce or endorse any form of league table and efforts to draw meaningful comparisons between schools' performance are discouraged because:
- Several schools offer GCSEs, A Levels or International Baccalaureate either as an alternative to or in addition to the Scottish examinations
- schools have different presentation policies on entering pupils for exams at different stages depending on what they judge to be in the best interests of their pupils
- the cohort of pupils sitting exams varies widely from school to school
- some schools are academically selective while others admit pupils of mixed abilities