Loretto SchoolEast Lothian
Girls and Boys
Day & Boarding
1 - 18
Dr Graham R W Hawley
Coeducational , Nursery, Junior and Preparatory, Senior, All Through,
1 - 7 Linkfield Road,
Musselburgh EH21 7RE
0131 653 4444
No current notifications for this school.
A small School, big on heart, big on ambition
- Scotland’s oldest boarding school, founded in 1827.
- One of UK’s leading independent boarding and day schools, welcoming girls and boys aged 0 to 18.
- Set in a safe, leafy, spacious, 85 acre campus in Musselburgh; the school enjoys all the advantages of its rural setting.
- Globally connected, with the convenience and opportunities of being just 9 kilometres / 6 miles from Edinburgh, its international airport, rail and road networks.
- Offering the traditional British / English curriculum of GCSEs and A-levels, and ranked in the top 7% of schools nationally for A-level.
- 97% of pupils enter the University of their choice, such as Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, and Durham.
- Welcoming about 600 pupils, 400 in the Senior School, 200 in the Junior School and Nursery.
- An excellent staff to pupil ratio (1:7).
- Boarders (75% of Senior School pupils) reside in six Houses with all they need to feel at home and benefit from excellent pastoral care.
- Every pupil is known personally, and can grow and develop wherever their interests lie.
- A distinctive emphasis on the full development of the individual in mind, body and spirit.
- Exceptional facilities, bespoke to learning and teaching, sport, drama, dance, art and music.
- A dedicated Sixth Form Centre
- Extensive Sports programme with specialised coaches in major sports including Cricket, Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby and more
- An industry-leading Golf Academy with indoor and outdoor centres, providing every pupil with an unmatched opportunity to develop their talent.
National 5, iGCSE, GCSE, A Level, AS Level