Over 70% of independent schools in Scotland are members of SCIS. SCIS provides personal support, professional advice and networking opportunities for all staff working within the school as well as the following benefits.
Some benefits of membership
Professional Development & Career
- Access to a wide variety of professional development and training for staff at all levels
- Support and professional advice to schools and all staff
- GTCS accredited leadership courses
- Vacancies posted on our popular website
- Network with other Heads and school staff
Support & Advice
- Political lobbying on behalf of the independent school sector
- Publicity – school listed on website and in SCIS Annual Directory of Schools
- Producing policy guidelines & handbooks for member schools on key issues such as child protection and accessibility
- Free access to the SCIS bulletin and regular communications
- Access to research designed to support the sector
Further information about the work SCIS does on behalf of its member schools can be read in our Annual Review.
Learn more about becoming a SCIS Member
Download the Membership Application Pack.