Each year SCIS collects information about SQA exam* performance from our member schools.
Detailed figures for Scotland in International Baccalaureate, A Level and GCSE results are not currently available although individual results for each participating school are available. Each year the Independent Schools Council (ISC) releases A Level and International Baccalaureate results and Scottish independent schools are included in the data produced.
2020 Certification* Results
* No examinations were held from the 2020 diet, due to Covid-19.
* Due to the announcement today (11/08/20) by the Scottish Government this page will be updated to reflect the independent sector examinations once the results have been reissued.
SCIS does not produce or endorse any form of league table and efforts to draw meaningful comparisons between schools' performance are discouraged because:
- Several schools offer GCSEs, A Levels or International Baccalaureate either as an alternative to or in addition to the Scottish examinations
- schools have different presentation policies on entering pupils for exams at different stages depending on what they judge to be in the best interests of their pupils
- the cohort of pupils sitting exams varies widely from school to school
- some schools are academically selective while others admit pupils of mixed abilities