June 15, 2021
£70.00 (£35 per session)
09:00 - 11:00
Hosted Virtually by SCIS
61 Dublin Street
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised in writing/email 6 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 6 working days prior to the event.
- For residential events cancellation must be advised 28 days prior to the event.
Staff who are nearing retirement within the next 1 – 3 years
We are delighted to welcome back Alex Dockar, financial adviser and Associate Partner of St. James's Place Wealth Management to deliver bespoke training for the sector. For over a decade, Alex has successfully delivered financial planning sessions to colleagues and feedback is consistently very high. This session we have worked with Alex to create on-line provision which takes a blended learning approach. The face-to-face sessions will take place over the Zoom for Education platform with break-out room functionality. Participants will be issued with a pre-session one task, and “homework” in between the two sessions; these tasks have been devised to facilitate a deep understanding of the content. In addition, it is requested that all delegates source a STSS Pension forecast in advance.
(Delegates registering will automatically be enrolled on session two)
An outline of the face-to-face sessions is given below:
Session One – Can I afford to Retire? – Cashflow Management (10 June)
· Cashflow case study
· Reviewing monthly expenditure
· Reviewing STSS benefits
· Tax and Inflation
· State Pension
Session Two - Optimum Choice (15 June)
· Tax Free Cash & Pension – thoughts on the optimum choice
· Capital management (incorporating debt management/Investment Risk/Portfolio Planning)
· Legal issues at Retirement
· Timeline – the way ahead
Colleagues are respectfully asked to register by Thursday 3rd June; the pre-session one task will be issued on Friday 4th June, with the joining instructions for the first fact-to-face session.
**NB This seminar is geared for staff who are nearing retirement within the next 1 – 3 years.**
The Partner is an Appointed Representative of and represents only St. James's Place Wealth Management plc (which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) for the purpose of advising solely on the group's wealth management products and services, more details of which are set out on the group's website www.sjp.co.uk/products. The 'St. James's Place Partnership' and the titles 'Partner' and 'Partner Practice' are marketing terms used to describe St. James's Place representatives.