Loretto SchoolEast Lothian
Girls and Boys
Day & Boarding
3 - 18
Dr Graham R W Hawley
Coeducational , Nursery, Junior and Preparatory, Senior, All Through,
1 - 7 Linkfield Road,
Musselburgh EH21 7RE
0131 653 4444
No current notifications for this school.
A small School, big on heart, big on ambition
• One of Scotland’s leading schools.
• Scotland’s oldest boarding school, founded in 1827.
• An independent, private boarding and day school for girls and boys, from 3 to 18 years.
• Set in a safe, leafy, spacious, 85-acre campus in Musselburgh; the school enjoys all the advantages of its rural setting.
• Globally connected, with the convenience and opportunities of being just 9 kilometres / 6 miles from Edinburgh, its international airport, rail and road networks.
• Offering the traditional British / English curriculum of GCSEs and A Levels, one of the leading independent schools in the UK.
• More than 9 out of 10 pupils enter the University of their choice, such as Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, and Durham.
• Welcoming about 600 pupils: 400 in the Senior School, 200 in the Junior School and Pre-School.
• An excellent staff to pupil ratio (1:7).
• Every pupil is known personally, and can grow and develop wherever their interests lie.
• A distinctive emphasis on the full development of the individual in mind, body and spirit.
• Exceptional facilities, bespoke to learning and teaching, sport, drama, dance, art and music.
• Extensive Sports programme with specialised coaches in major sports including Cricket, Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby and more.
• An industry-leading Golf Academy with indoor and outdoor centres, providing every pupil with an unmatched opportunity to develop their talent.
National 5, iGCSE, GCSE, A Level, AS Level